Evaluation & Treatment
"FINDING THE BEST COURSE OF TREATMENT"
Evaluation is an important part of the treatment process. The evaluation is performed prior to the start of therapy in order to determine the best course of treatment.
Some different types of evaluations performed by our mental health professionals include:
- A standard evaluation which includes an in-depth sex history.
- Assessment of sexual functioning which includes a medical history
- Trauma evaluation for sex abuse, reparative therapy and religious abuse survivors
- Forensic evaluations which include risk assessment and treatment recommendations
- Extensive sexual evaluation which incorporates a combination of assessments
Treatment here at New Jersey Center for Sex Therapy consists of these standard modalities, as well as other widely accepted therapeutic styles of treatment:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Insight-oriented therapy
- Psychodynamic theory-based therapy
- Positive reinforcement treatment
- Group therapy (recommended as supportive treatment for trauma survivors or for certain sexual behavior issues)